Friday, January 18, 2013

Date gone wrong.

I had a date with my sewing machine tonight. I had great plans for us that included intimate proximity and perhaps a glass of wine...or two. It was going to be a relaxing, yet productive Friday night... My date though? Yeah it had other plans. I've spent the last couple of hours fighting with my previously beloved machine.
 
The last time I truly sewed something slightly complicated was in Elementary school when I made a skort. It was pretty fantastic in all of it's turquoise glory... So it may surprise you when I tell you that my skill level isn't the best... I do know how to sew in a straight line though! Which only occasionally happens I might add. Oops? But I was sure despite my only occasional use of my machine that I'd be able to fix the problem anyways. I'm a DIYer at heart and there's a whole lot of internet out there! Yeah, that optimism only lasted a few hours...Spoiler, I waved the white flag. At least for tonight because it's Friday and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is on TV right now.

Oh dearest sewing machine. I hope you spend the night recouping and get over the obvious hangover you must be suffering from. It would make me the happiest girl in the world if you would cooperate!

I hope there's some seriously miraculous healing going on tonight.

To end on a positive note, you know what makes me happy? This fantastic succulent pot. I have an incredible love for elephants and succulents. The combination is genius! It makes my heart go pitter patter...

Small Pink Porcelain Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment