Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fire pit LOVE

Earlier I posted about my future backyard haven in the making. It's been a slow process, as in I've-only-bought-one-strand-of-lights kind of slow... But I'm still eager to get moving in the right direction. We probably won't get a lot of use out of the backyard until school gets out in the summer, so my goal is to have the basics in by then.

Even though I'm not planning on purchasing anything right now, I've been on the hunt for a substitute for the fire pit I love. You know how people say "My love knows no boundaries"? Yeah, well, my love does know boundaries...and it starts way before the $2,000 price tag of that copper fire pit... I'm all about saving for big ticket items, but I don't think that fire pit is going to make the cut. Especially when I have a wedding to save for...

So on the hunt I went and I think I hit the jackpot when I found this one from hayneedle.

 
 
The comparison of the two is pretty uncanny, isn't it? Obviously I love the copper one more (I have a soft spot for copper in general), but $2,000 vs. $249 is a pretty easy decision to make. And Brennan says he likes it because it reminds him of Harry Potter... Why does that not surprise me? But it's always a win win if the mister likes it since he's pretty vocal about design decisions. Luckily the man has excellent taste :)

All in all I'm pretty excited about this find! It's beautiful and functional, something I'm a big advocate of. And I love the depth. I hope I end up taking the plunge with this purchase sooner as opposed to later since I've got a pile of wood just waiting to be used...




No comments:

Post a Comment