Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In transition.


Those are the words that encompass my life right now. I don't quite know what this blog is going to be about or even if anyone is going to read it, but I do know that I'm ready to begin. I'm ready to figure out what my next step is. My life hasn't turned out how I expected it to but I've realized that sometimes plans don't work out for a reason. I'm learning to take life as it comes and embrace the change.

I'm hoping this blog will help me find my place in the world and embrace this new phase of my life. I've realized I've spent my entire life dreaming about the next step and now...I'm finally going to live it.

My mom gave me a necklace with a quote attached in high school and the quote has stuck with me ever since. I leave you with this beautiful notion that I strive to live my life by.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Mark Twain

 

Butchart Gardens - Victoria, B.C.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment