Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's Complicated...

I absolutely ADORE Meryl Streep. I don't know what it is about her but ever since I've saw the Devil Wears Prada in my tweeny years, it's been love. So of course when It's Complicated came on televisions during my favorite Sunday movie marathon day, I had to watch out of obligation. And then I saw her character Jane Adler's house and I died. Died of pure and absolute envy. If I could somehow magically morph my house into hers, I would. It's eclectic and mismatched and perfection... Sheer and utter perfection. Take a look for yourself and tell me you're not in love too...

(Excuse the blinding blue bar in these pictures. It's a beautiful thing to be able to pause but it's definitely tough on the eyes...)

 
Okay, seriously this kitchen is to die for. I had to pause the movie to study it... And figure out how I can make my own kitchen EXACTLY LIKE THIS!
 
The French island with the beautiful marble is stunning... And the windows painted black is a fantastic touch. It's a detail often overlooked but it really makes you focus on the windows and the beautiful view beyond.
 
This kitchen has such a pieced together feel, as if someone spent time and love putting it all together. It makes it feel so warm and inviting and lived in.


 
I also love the little coffee stations with the cups already set out and the sugar and cream within arms reach. What an excellent way to start out the morning!
 
 
Did you notice the three white containers to the right of the sink? I love the different heights and the cohesive feel. I hate when my shorter kitchen tools get lost in the big ole container next to my stove. This way it's pretty and functional. 
 
And who wouldn't love all those bowls of fresh fruit lying around to snack on?
 
 
In this picture I'm totally digging the pots and pans hung up with the mixture of metals. I have a definite soft spot for copper. And I love the windows flanking the entry to the butlers pantry. Why don't people use windows in interiors more often? They add such an interesting architectural detail. I bet they're a pain in the butt to clean though...

 



 
 

 
I love the orange pops of color throughout the entire house. And the chairs around the dining table are incredible. I wish I knew where they were from!



 
Rectangular and round side tables = perfection
Can I have this bedroom?





 

 
 
 
Honestly I want to comment on every. single. ONE of these pictures. Each time I stare at one I feel like I discover something new about the space that I love. I'll spare you all my detailed inner dialogue but lets just say this will not be the last time I look as these pictures.
 
(Update: Here's an inspiration board for how to make your own It's Complicated kitchen.)

2 comments:

  1. VÆRE ME HITRAHALEN NESTE LØDAG SJEM 11 FEBUAR KOM PAKE KOFERT LYST VEÆRE ME IDAG OVENATING KRISTINE HJEM LEI MEG KRISTINE SYNG TIL DEG OVEAKELSE DEG MERYL STREP GLAD THANK YOU HEBBY NEW NEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANS SAMEN KRISTINE LIKE DEG INSET ABBA MUSIKK SJELP MEG PIANO SPIL

    ReplyDelete