Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Mindy Project - Make it Your Own : Part 2

So this is...my third post on the Mindy Project? What can I say, I'm a little obsessed. I found so many items I wanted to show you guys that I decided to put it into a couple of posts. There may or may not be a fourth too... lol. Maybe a little bit of overkill, but I know that I'm enjoying it, so hell, why stop now? :)
  
 

// 1. This light is one that Young House Love designed for their collaboration with Shades of Light. It's an inexpensive line but one that doesn't lack in style. If you look back at some of the pictures I posted of her apartment you can see a very similar one in the hallway between her bedroom and the main living area. I like how airy this light fixture is and how it doesn't feel too heavy for the space. I'm tempted to buy this light fixture for myself but I just don't know where I'd put it...

// 2. When you don't have a lot of space but still want a library area, this Louis Armchair is perfect. It doesn't take up a ton of real-estate but is still the perfect place to sit for a few minutes and read when all you busy people get a chance.

// 3. Grab two or more of these bookshelves and put them in the corner of your great room to add a little library nook. They're not terribly expensive because they're from IKEA and if you add molding to them like Little Green Notebook did, you can add a built in quality.

// 4. Apparently Jonathan Adler is the go to place for pillows when it comes to decorating Mindy's apartment. They're used all over her place and their retro 70s feel dresses up her neutral sofa.

// 5. A white couch will never make it into my house with my dirty dogs but I love how young and hip this couch feels with the Jonathan Adler graphic pillows on it. White can be the perfect young neutral if you know how to dress it up.

// 6. Mindy's apartment is filled with little vignettes and this vintage Chinese console does double duty as storage and a bar cart. I really like this as an unexpected element. The rest of her apartment is filled with bright colors and youthful prints. This console gives the room a bit more character and helps get away from being matchy-matchy.

If I could, all of these pieces would be in my house right this second. I don't care if I'm copying Mindy's apartment to a T. What young woman wouldn't love her apartment to look like this? Unfortunately I don't have unlimited funds to change my décor on a whim...Darn... Well I guess if I can't have it all I might have to start hunting for my very own vintage Chinese console...

If you want to check out the pictures of The Mindy Project set check out this post.
If you want to check out more design ideas based on Mindy's apartment check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment